of State and Governments
ECONOMIC COMMUNITIES & AFRICA REGIONAL BODIES:
JAPAN AFRICA NETWORK'S TOP 10 DESTINATIONS:
- Serengeti National Park (the great migration), Tanzania
- Kruger National Park, South Africa
- Pyramids, Giza Egypt
- Rift Valley Lakes, Kenya.
- Kalahari Desert, Botswana
- Karnak Temple, Egypt
- Table Mountain, S. A.
- Atlas Mountain, Algeria
- Djoudj National Park, Senegal
- Goree Island, Senegal
CONTACT US: E-Mail!
The Diamond Mount Fuji
I've always wanted to have a good picture of mt. fuji but not until I took this picture did I hear the phrase "Diamond Fuji". From Lake Yamanaka-ko, we came to Hana No Miyako Park to see the end of year illumination but that will not start until 5.00 p.m. I decided to look around the Yamanakako Floral Dome with my 6 year old son and that was when I saw the view of my life; sunset sitting on top of mt. fuji. I brought out my camera and took a picture which my wife later told me was diamond fuji. When I googled the word diamond fuji back at home I discovered I've taken the picture many amateur and professional photographers wait or spend hours or days and sometimes even months to get. Diamond Fuji happens twice a year at particular locations, and at specific times. It is a position when sunrise or sunset sits on top of mt. fuji, like it's sinking into the mountain, the beautiful rays sparkling like a diamond. Many photographers crave for these moments.
- Mount Fuji is located on the boundaries of Shizuoka and Yamanashi prefectures.
- The most popular viewing spots include the entire fuji five lake areas(fuji-go-ko) of Kawaguchi-ko, Yamanaka-ko, Motosu-ko, Sai-ko and Shoji-ko. It can be seen from many other prefectures including Tokyo and Kanagawa on a clear day.
- Mt Fuji is a very popular tourist attraction with an estimated 200,000 to 300,000 climbers every year. It is also part of thousands of people's dream to one day climb mt. fuji, the best time for such climbs is between July and August every year when there is no snow on top.
- The shape is a symmetrical cone, and the sight is simply amazing. Fuji-san as mt Fuji is popularly referred to locally is deeply rooted in the history, culture and religion of the Japanese people and has served as inspiration to many artists, poets and even photographers.
- Yamanaka-ko to welcome 2009. This illumination tagged "Fantasium" was part of 2008 year end festivities and lasted from December to 4th Jan. 2009. Fantastic views of LED lights with the silhouette of mt. fuji; so beautiful. Picture showing mt. fuji dressed-up by the city of
Use Our Search Engine to search this site and other Online Resources.